How true...

One of life's greatest joys is sharing food with family and friends.



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dr. Oz and Saffron

It's been a while since my last post as we have gotten terrible news regarding my mother.  What we thought was a gallbladder removal was instead a pancreatic tumor.  She just had surgery last week however the mass was larger than what was seen on the cat scan so it could not be removed.  She will start chemo and radiation in four weeks once the wound has had some time to heal.  I never realized how deadly this type of cancer was.  After scouring the internet for information, it only made my heart sink further reading page after page quoting the same grim survival rate.  Why does no one in the medical world acknowledge any natural therapies or diet?  I asked the doctors and dietician isn't there something else that can help out, and they dismissed everything- blueberries, raspberries, cabbage, broccoli? NO, nothing "scientific" has been found.  So why, when I am watching Dr. Oz last night do I see the cancer fighting powers of saffron?  Yes,  I checked the internet, and what he was quoting is correct.  WHY isn't this being pursued further in this country?  Is Dr. Oz the only one who has any decency left?

No comments: