How true...

One of life's greatest joys is sharing food with family and friends.



Monday, October 3, 2011

Angry birds birthday cake

Every year I usually bake a birthday cake for my son and now that he is going to be 12 it's a tradition that's still going!   He's an angry birds fanatic so I thought I would try my hand at creating one.  I have to say there are a ton of great ones out there I saw while searching the web for ideas, but honestly I don't want to get too complicated with fondant and tiny pieces of marzipan.  Our version was pretty simple, devil food's cake baked in two round cake pans since you need extra pieces for the feathers on top, I used the Betty Crocker red icing in the large decorative icing container (so much easier than trying to mix white icing and red food coloring, never gets red enough), black licorice for the eyebrows, tailfeathers and eyes, and marzipan with a drop of yellow food coloring for the beak.  Not too shabby.

No comments: